Monday, November 9, 2020

11.10.20 Volunteer of the Month- Meet Alicia

 


October 2020 Volunteer of the Month- 

Meet Alicia!



Where are you from and what do you do for a living?

I'm originally from Sleepy Eye, MN but now live in NE Minneapolis.  I'm a personal trainer & nutrition coach!

How did you find out about Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue?

I found MN Pit Bull Rescue when my boyfriend & I began searching online in the Minneapolis area for a pup a little over 2 years ago.  We knew we wanted to rescue/adopt.

There are a lot of great rescues in MN, why did you start volunteering specifically for MPBR?

We adopted our 2nd pup from MPBR and had such a great experience. When comparing to other rescues, MPBR seemed to have more opportunities available for it (volunteering). 

How long have you been volunteering with the rescue?

I got accepted/trained in right before quarantine, so I wasn't able to help until things started going slightly back to normal in August.

What was the last thing you volunteered for?

I transported Birch up from his neuter appointment and brought him back to his foster home.

Mercury FKA Tilly
Do you have any pets of your own?

Yes! Motley is a 2.5-year-old pit bull/lab mix and Mercury is an almost 2-year old tripod pit bull mix. Mercury was adopted through MPBR (FKA Tilly!)

How would your pets describe you? 

Probably as the best Momma they could ever ask for :)  

Where's your favorite dog-friendly place to bring your dog? 

We live very close to Boom Island Park & Nicollet Island, so we take the dogs to walk & play over there almost daily!

What are your hobbies?

Taking my fur babies on walks and adventures, baking in the kitchen, weightlifting & bodybuilding, and spending time with my family would be the top few things.



Trinity
Do you have a favorite memory that happened while you were volunteering?

The first volunteer opportunity I said I could help with was to drive a pup into Wisconsin to her new forever home. I didn't know which pup it was until I got the email, and saw it was Trinity the tripod. I instantly broke down in tears because it felt so special to me that helping another tripod pup was my first "mission" to complete.  I have such a soft spot for special needs dogs, so that just truly meant the world to me. 

Do you have any advice for current or future volunteers?

Do it, don't hesitate. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing that you are helping these dogs to a better life. 

Do you want to give a shout out to anyone in the MPBR family?

Laura, Ashley, and Amanda have all been great to correspond with!  I think everything is so well organized, and I'm very happy to be a part of this rescue!

...........................................................................................................................................................


We are 100% volunteer based and we couldn’t do this without each and every one of our members 

Each month an active volunteer is featured on our website & receives a gift (or gift card) as a thank you. This is just a small way for us to show our appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have for this rescue. 

Interested in volunteering? Check out some info here

No comments:

Post a Comment