Sunday, November 1, 2020

10.26.20 New to MPBR- Meet Smokey!

 


Alright ladies and gents, my name is Smoke, otherwise known as Smokey (at least that’s what my foster parents call me). I am the man of your dreams that you’ve been searching for - so look no further. I am a lean, strong, muscular man full of happiness, sweetness and love looking for someone to be my hero. I’ve got a big ‘ol block head on this trim figure and my locks are a gray brown brindle with white. I’m estimated to be about 4-6 years old. I love to be by my people and dogs are fine too, although they don’t really interest me too much. I was even great with kids and cats at my temp fosters if those are your thing. I do fine riding in the car but have only traveled with foster parents in a crate to keep me in place and safe due to my special needs noted below.
I must admit I do require some extra help in life. You see I was born with back legs that don’t operate too well which has caused me to develop some pretty major arthritis back there and in my shoulders from compensating for them so I require some daily supplements and a pill for that. The rescue is working on arranging for me to get some chiropractic and acupuncture services to see if those will help me out. My Foster parents are still trying to figure out a good routine and schedule with me as I sometimes poop in my crate. I love being in my crate (especially with some soft, fluffy blankets for my chest and legs) and I don’t make a peep in there, but that also means I’m not great about letting my people know in the middle of the night that I need to go out and poop. We will see if a revised eating schedule helps with that. (Update- we’ve had clean crates the past 2 nights!)
I also had some surgical clean up done on my chest which has left me with a pretty significant open wound. Luckily my foster parents are doing their best to do a cleaning of it daily and covering it to protect it from getting dirty. I even fell asleep in Foster dads arm’s last night during the changing. When you meet me, you’ll see I’m probably wearing a t-shirt and thunder shirt to keep that wrapping in place. I’m still not too sure about the whole outfit but my handsomeness can totally pull it off.
I walk pretty well on a leash for the best I can walk with my legs and I could certainly use some refinement in the training department. However I’m overall a pretty chill dude that can’t do too much exercise so I enjoy snuggling up on the couch with you or chewing on some toys. So far my foster parents are keeping me on their lower level so I don’t have to use the stairs as those are pretty tricky for me, but maybe one day with some chiropractic help I can manage them a bit better.
Anyway if you’re interested in setting up a little date to meet me, fill out an application and let’s get that whole person-dog connecting and bonding business rolling! Applications can be found at www.mnpitbull.com 🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment