Thursday, August 20, 2020

8.20.20 Volunteer of the Month- Meet Joette


July 2020 Volunteer of the Month- 

Meet Joette!



How did you find out about Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue?

From my daughter, Michelle Johnson, when she adopted my first grandpuppy, Viera, from the rescue.

Momo & Viera
Why did you start volunteering for MPBR?

My grandpuppies, Viera and MoMo (Modano) are from MPBR. I had time and I think the breed gets a really bad rap.

How long have you been volunteering with the rescue?

I think about 6 or 7 years.







What was the last thing you volunteered for?

I mostly do reference calls now. I have transported dogs, puppies, and supplies in the past. I have also worked at several adoption events.

Max ♥
Do you have any pets of your own?

Not at the moment. I lost my Max, a husky mix, to cancer about 2 months ago.

How would your pets describe you? 

The crazy lady with all the treats. 

Where's your favorite dog-friendly place to bring your dog? 

My backyard or glamping at the North Shore.
When you're not surrounded by dogs, what can you be found doing?

Working at events as an EMT, cooking, or playing with my grandpuppies.
  
Do you have a favorite memory that happened while you were volunteering?

I help rescue a mama and all her puppies from a bad situation in Wilmer. That was my first actual rescue transport.

Do you have any advice for current or future volunteers?

Just jump in and to it! It feels so good to help get our dogs adopted and there are so many ways to help. 

Do you want to give a shout out to anyone in the MPBR family?

Other than Laura for starting the rescue, there are just too many to mention.

............................................................................................................................................................


Each month an active volunteer is featured on our website & receives a gift (or gift card) as a thank you. This is just a small way for us to show our appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have for this rescue. We are 100% volunteer based and we couldn’t do this without each and every one of our members 

Interested in volunteering? Check out some info here
If you’re interested in helping us with the donation to our volunteers, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment