Monday, January 22, 2018

1.22.18 Featured Foster June 2017 Edition


Meet Corey!




Ginny
Who was your first foster?

My first foster was an older boy named Hemingway. We had him temporarily (for like a week or so).

Who is your current foster?

Ginny

Why did you start volunteering?

I started volunteering for MPBR after I got my first puppy, Jira. I felt that providing a temporary home for dogs in need could help a lot. 

How long have you been volunteering with our rescue?

About 5 1/2 years.


Do you have any pets?

Yes, I have 3 pitties of my own. Jira, Reece, and Dakota.

Jira, Reece, & Dakota


Where is your favorite dog friendly place to take your pooches?

Stanley's or any brewery that allows dogs. I love them because my dogs get plenty of attention and I get to have fun too!

When not surrounded by dogs – what can you be found doing?

Hanging out with friends, going to metal shows, or enjoying a beer at a brewery.


Do you have a favorite memory with one of your fosters?

Reece
I hate to be biased but one of my favorite memories with a foster is when I picked Reece up (who I eventually adopted myself). We previously had a 90 pound German Shepard & I knew I would need a collar for my new foster so I brought his. I felt like no pittie foster I've had previously has been close to my German Shepard's weight so I wasn't sure how that collar was going to work. When I saw Reece for the first time, I instantly knew it wasn't going to work. The collar was a few inches too small! The whole ride home I was worried about how Reece was going to act but due to his size but he turned out to be the sweetest dog ever. We foster failed very hard with him.






Interested in joining our team? Click here for more volunteer information!
................................................................................................................................................................
BarkBox is a subscription service that is awesome for you dogs! You get toys & treats delivered right to your door every month!

Each month one of our foster parent receives a BarkBox as a thank you. This is our small way of showing appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have to this rescue. Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue is 100% volunteer based-no shelters here! 


Each dog we can save is because a foster is willing to open their home for us ðŸ’š


No comments:

Post a Comment