Tuesday, October 13, 2020

10.13.20 Foster of the Month- Meet Tamara

 

September 2020 FOSTER OF THE MONTH-

Meet Tamara!





How long have you been volunteering with Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue?

9 months.

When your friends/family find out you volunteer with MPBR, what do they say or ask?

They are not surprised that we foster pitties, that's for sure. A lot of friends want to know if they can come over and meet the new fosters.

Why did you start fostering for MPBR?

I truly love the bully breed and I have owned 3 myself (I do love all animals though). I really wanted to foster and save a few lives along the way.

Almond (top) Sandra Dee (bottom)

Who was your first foster?

Almond










Who is your current foster?

We just had Sandra Dee but she was adopted not too long ago!


Do you have any pets?

Yes, we have a male AmStaff that is 8 years old now named Max. We also have a Winter Hamster that is about 2 years old.

Where is your favorite dog friendly place to take your pups? 

The pet store. Max loves to pick out treats & see the people.

Wilma
Do you have a favorite memory with one of your fosters? 

I have very fond memories of all of them. However, I really remember spending great times with Wilma. She came to us while she was still healing from her ACL surgery. She was being kenneled 24/7 before she came to us so she was distant and sad when she arrived and needed lots of love. Every day I would go in the room where she was staying and work. It took her a few days to figure out I was good and wasn't going to hurt her. From then on she really opened up and enjoyed getting loved on. She wanted to be near me all of the time.





When you're not surrounded by dogs, what can you be found doing? 

Lately I am near one of the dogs all of the time since the current health situation. I am still working remotely so they tend to want to hang out with me while I am working. I do like to spend time reading, gardening, and getting a much-needed massage in. 

Do you have a special tradition you do for your foster pups? 

I plan on making a collage of pictures of each foster.










..................................................................................................................................................

Each month one of our Foster parents will receive a gift card as a thank you. This is our small way of showing appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have to this rescue. Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue is 100% volunteer based. Each dog we can save is a result of someone willing to open their home for us.

Are you interested in becoming a Foster with MPBR? Click here for more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment