Wednesday, February 27, 2019

2.28.19 Featured Foster February Edition

Meet Oneka!




Athena
Who was your first foster?

My first foster was Athena.  

Who is your current foster?

Sasha is my current foster pup.

Why did you start volunteering?

I started fostering with MN Pit Bull because unfortunately I didn't like the organization I was with at the time. A friend of mine knew this and asked what I thought of pit bulls. I told her I thought they were great dogs. She gave me the name and phone number of another friend of hers that is a volunteer with MPBR. I called her up and set up a home visit. The rest is history!  I have been with MPBR ever since and love volunteering with them. They are a great organization. Everyone is so helpful and kind.

Sasha & Enapay


How long have you been volunteering with our rescue?

I have been with the rescue for a year and a half.


Do you have any pets?

I have one dog.  Her name is Enapay.  She is a boxer/whippet mix.



Where is your favorite dog friendly place to take your pooches?

Runnings, Petsmart and Home Depot.

When not surrounded by dogs – what can you be found doing?


Reading, hanging out with my nephews, neighbors, and friends, or volunteering within my community.

Pria
Do you have a favorite memory with one of your fosters? 

Do I only have to pick one?  The most recent memory - Pria.  Her furever family came over to visit her at my house.  My sister and I were telling the family that Pria will give hugs if she likes you.  By giving hugs, she will crawl into your lap, put both paws on each shoulder and then her head on a shoulder.  As this was being explained, Pria did just that to her furever mom.  It was a very sweet moment.  Needless to say, Pria and her furever family are very happy.        




Do you have a special ritual you do with your fosters at all?

I go out and buy them a new bone, toy or item of clothing - one that they can take with them to their furever family.  Once the foster pup goes to their furever home, I then take my dog and let her pick out a new toy or bone.   

................................................................................................................................................................
BarkBox is a subscription service that is awesome for you dogs! You get toys & treats delivered right to your door every month!



Each month one of our foster pawrents receives a BarkBox as a thank you.This is our small way of showing appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have to this rescue. Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue is 100% volunteer based-no shelters here! Each dog we are able to save is because a foster is willing to open their home for us 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story and specialty for all you do for the dogs thank you again

    ReplyDelete