Monday, March 4, 2019

3.1.19 March Dog of the Month - Van


Van is February’s Dog of the Month!




What does this mean? 


Every month, MPBR selects one dog to have their adoption fee waived. This month is Van's month! Our normal adoption process is still followed (home & reference checks) and training is still required but we’re waiving the adoption fee! Apply at mnpitbull.com

Meet Van

Hi my name is Van. I was born on 8/11/2016. My foster mom gave me the name Van because I have swirls on my neck that remind her of the painting ’Starry Night’ by Vincent Van Gogh. I am 2.5 years old and I have a lot of energy around new people, however I calm down very quickly. 

When I came to live with my foster family it was about a year ago, I needed some help with relearning a few things. I had a leg with a break as well as some nerve damage. With the assistance of a leg brace, acupuncture and a special harness I quickly relearned things such as walking/running without the harness and going to the bathroom without assistance. I have been known to pee a little unknowingly as a result of the nerve damage, but my foster mom is very proud of me as this has not happened in a few months. I also do better on carpet then hard floor surfaces, however my foster family’s home is almost all hardwood floors and I do really great! I can keep up with my four-legged foster sister any day of the week! 

Some things I love are: to cuddle and spoon with my Foster mom and her son, as well as my four legged foster sister Lucy. I also love stuffed animals that are mine as well as other toys. I am very good about knowing which toys are mine and what toys aren’t. My foster mom loves that I never chew on things I shouldn’t. I also love going up to the cabin. I enjoy boat rides as well as being in the water. I am currently learning to be patient and to understand that my human and four legged friends have personal space that I need to be respectful of. I just love to cuddle and be by everyone so much, I’m just a lover. I also know how to sit, wait, stay, out, go lay down and outside. I will always let you know if I need to go outside. 

I am doing really well with everything and have been going to training class twice a week. My foster parents say I’m doing amazing and are very proud of me. I think I would do best in a family with kids that are a little older as I love to run and play and wouldn’t want to knock anyone over as I do slide somewhat due to my previous leg injury. I would do great with a four-legged family member as well, I love being around my foster sister. She is a little older and is a great playmate but is good at keeping me calm when needed, I think I would do best with a more mature and calmer four-legged family member. I’m not sure about cats, I’ve been around a few but am not sure what to make of them so I bark some then ignore them. If you are looking for a new furry family member who has endless love to give, I’d love to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment