Monday, November 18, 2019

11.19.19 Featured Foster of the Month- Meet Danielle




OCTOBER 2019 FOSTER OF THE MONTH-

Meet Danielle!






Kai
Terra

Who was your first foster?

Kai.



Who is your current foster?

I am currently between fosters but we just had Terra and are getting a new boy next week.


When your friends/family find out you volunteer with MPBR, what do they say or ask?

They usually ask me how I can fosters all the adorable puppies and dogs and let them go. They tell me they would want to keep them all. I always tell them I am just a temporary home to make sure that the fosters I have are in the best condition to go to their forever home. 

How long have you been volunteering with Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue?
I have been fostering just over five and a half years. I’m now up to over 50 fosters!


Do you have any pets?
Hank
Zuri
Between my boyfriend and myself we have three dogs and a cat living in our house. 


Kiara- MPBR Alumni
Dallas- MPBR Alumni





When you're not surrounded by dogs, what can you be found doing? 

I like to travel a lot, visiting family and trying new places to eat.



Do you have a favorite memory with one of your fosters? 

I have had a few fosters who have come to me completely shut down, scared, didn’t want to come out of their crate, didn’t know how to play with toys, etc. I've even had to carry them outside to go potty. But watching those girls come out of their shell and become amazing dogs and flourish while they were with me, was the most amazing feeling ever. It totally made all the struggles worth it. 


Do you have a special ritual you do for your foster pups? 

I usually send a toy from my house with my fosters as they go from my house so they have something familiar to go with them 

..................................................................................................................................................

Each month one of our foster pawrents receives a gift card as a thank you.This is our small way of showing appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have to this rescue. Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue is 100% volunteer based- no shelters here! Each dog we are able to save is because a foster is willing to open their home for us 

Interested in becoming a Foster with MPBR? Click here for more information. Would you be interested in helping us by donating a gift card? Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment