Wednesday, June 16, 2021

6.17.21Volunteer Highlight - Meet Katie

 



- Q1 Volunteer: Meet Katie- 


How did you find out about Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue?

I discovered MN Pit Bull Rescue through our vet, Blackberry! They had written on the board, "Welcome the snack pack!" It made me laugh so I had to ask! 

Why did you start volunteering for MPBR?

Once our Lucy passed I really wanted to be an ambassador for the breed! Being our vet worked so closely with the organization I knew it had to be incredible! I wanted to help give back and find furever homes for these incredible dogs! 

How long have you volunteered with MPBR? 

Since this entire last year and then some has been a blur, I believe I did my volunteer training in January. I jumped right in to reference calls, I sure enjoy listening to people share about their friends and loved ones. 

What was the last thing you volunteered for? 

My first and most recent volunteer event was at Nokomis Tattoo selling merch! Seth was so handsome and of course, the puppy breath was the best! 


Do you have any pets of your own? 
Joie Lee

We adopted Joie Lee on October 28th. Known as Jolee, JoJo, Joey, Noodle, Shmeagle and other terms of endearment! 😀 We have a kitty named Delilah and of course, we can't forget Sonic the Hamster.

How would you say your pets describe you?

I would say Jojo would describe our family (I have a 9 year old and a 4 year old son) as, crazy with lots of energy which she loves! Adventurous, loves to explore, but we also give excellent cuddles. We laugh so hard with her, she's so silly! 





Where's your favorite dog friendly place to take your dogs?

We have a cabin on an island which we call, "dog island!" So many pups running free together  on a 22 acre island. Jolee has already found her best buddy Chase and is so patient with the new puppy Finn. It's so fun to watch them all play together! 

When you're not surrounded by dogs, what can you be found doing?

Well, I'm pretty much always with Jojo but when mom can get away I love attending concerts (they're coming back, woohoo!), being on the water at our cabin with my boys, practicing my ukulele and having happy hour on a patio with my besties! 


Do you have a favorite memory of something that happened while you were volunteering?

I haven't had many opportunities to volunteer for events but I LOOOOOOVE events! I actually am Event Planner/Catering Director so it's in my blood. I couldn't stop smiling at the Nokomis event. Such a wonderful opportunity to fill your heart up with love during these crazy times! 

Do you have any advice for current or future volunteers?

Do your best to dive in! Life can get crazy but working with this organization is so fulfilling. Even if it is assisting with a few reference calls, a transport, anything helps! 



...........................................................................................................................................................


We are 100% volunteer based and we couldn’t do this without each and every one of our members 

Each month an active volunteer is featured on our website & receives a gift (or gift card) as a thank you. This is just a small way for us to show our appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have for this rescue. 

Interested in volunteering? Check out some info here

No comments:

Post a Comment