Thursday, December 17, 2020

12.18.20 Foster of the Month- Meet Alison

  

 

November 2020 Foster of the Month- 

Meet Allison!



Where are you from and what do you do for a living?

I grew up in Lakeville, MN and live in Faribault, MN. I am a self-employed dog trainer and also work once a week at a veterinary clinic as an assistant and receptionist.

There are a lot of great rescues in MN, why did you start volunteering specifically for MPBR?

We had a great experience adopting our puppy from MPBR and love the idea of fostering Pit Bulls. They are our favorite breed type!

When your friends/family find out you volunteer with a pit bull rescue, what do they say or ask?

My whole life is about dogs and I'm obsessed with Pit Bulls, so they aren't surprised.

How long have you been fostering with the rescue?


We've volunteered with MPBR less than a month. I volunteered with a different local rescue for almost five years previously.




Harbor


Who was your first foster and our you currently fostering anyone right now?

Harbor was our first foster, and he was just adopted!

Do you have any pets of your own?

Yes, we have a 7-month old Pit Bull who we adopted from MPBR in August.

Where's your favorite dog-friendly place to bring your dog? 

I love bringing our puppy to Ritter Farm Dog Park in Lakeville. She LOVES to play with other dogs, and it is so fun to watch her be her little social butterfly self. I also love hiking with her at River Bend Nature Center in Faribault. I hope to go camping with her next summer and maybe even condition her to comfortably ride in a canoe. 

What are your hobbies?

Well, I love to train dogs. My previous dog loved to do nosework and barn hunt classes, but I also love to teach tricks and other random behaviors. Being outdoors is good for my soul. I'm a nature lover and spent almost a decade at summer camp when I was younger. Michael (my partner) and I are musicians. In a normal time, we would play a few gigs per month on average. We are also homebodies who spend time watching TV and playing video games.




Do you have a favorite memory that happened while you were fostering?

Harbor made the best yawn sounds. They always cracked us up!

Do you have any special tradition with each foster?

I don't have any because we are so new to fostering but I hope to come up with a tradition!

Do you want to give a shout out to anyone in the rescue?

Both Laura and Amanda were so amazing to work with during the adoption of our puppy, Ahsoka (FKA Aquila), and Laura has been incredibly supportive and helpful as we have started our foster journey. They are speedy, reasonable, thoughtful and you can tell they truly care about the continued wellbeing of the dogs that come through MPBR.






..................................................................................................................................................

We are 100% volunteer based and we couldn’t do this without each and every one of our members 

Each month an active volunteer is featured on our website & receives a gift (or gift card) as a thank you. This is just a small way for us to show our appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have for this rescue. 

Interested in fostering? Check out some info here


No comments:

Post a Comment