Wednesday, June 10, 2020

6.11.20 Foster of the Month- Meet Sam!




May 2020 FOSTER OF THE MONTH-

Meet Sam!




Why did you start fostering for MPBR?

I had been following MPBR on social media for many years and always wanted to be involved. Finally, this past January I decided to be a part of the MPBR community and fill out a volunteer form. It took one batch of puppies to get me from Volunteer to Foster and now I can’t imagine not continuing to foster!

Sunflower
Who was your first foster?

Sunflower (Sunny) from the 'Nut' litter.

How long have you been volunteering with Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue?

Since January 2020.

When your friends/family find out you volunteer with MPBR, what do they say or ask?

My friends and family were so excited for me to be a part of this rescue. Anybody who knows me knows how obsessed I am with my rescue pit, Pinto! My family was a little nervous that I would foster fail each one!

Blitz
Who is your current foster?

No fosters currently but I am sure one will end up on my couch very soon! My last foster was Blitz!

Do you have a favorite memory with one of your fosters? 

Sunny will always have a special place in my heart! I enjoyed every second with her. I could have watched her play all day! 

Blitz was pretty nervous at first. I really enjoyed watching her build trust and become comfortable around me. The first time she figured out how comfortable the couch was, that was hilarious! You can tell she was not used to that kind of comfort before! 

Pinto & Sunflower










Do you have any pets?

Yes! Pinto-he is a VERY good foster brother.

When you're not surrounded by dogs, what can you be found doing? 

Although Pinto or other dogs are never far, I enjoy visiting local brewery’s and patios in the Summer and being outside or running. 

Where is your favorite dog friendly place to take your pups? 

I live about a mile from the Mississippi River. I love to take the dogs for a walk to the river and take a little dip. Usually following is a trip to DQ for a pup cup!

Do you have a special ritual you do for your foster pups? 

After each one of my fosters got adopted, I printed out a picture and wrote memories about each one along with their characteristics. I am hoping to have LOTS of pictures one day and be able to look back at all the awesome pit bulls that I have been fortunate to come across through the years.

Do you want to give a special shout out to anyone in the rescue? 

Shout out to Ashley Auren for helping with Blitz's meet and greet! She made the introduction go pretty smooth for Blitz who was known to struggle meeting fellow dog friends. This helped her get adopted!

..................................................................................................................................................

Each month one of our Foster parents will receive a gift card as a thank you. This is our small way of showing appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have to this rescue. Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue is 100% volunteer based. Each dog we can save is a result of someone willing to open their home for us.

Are you interested in becoming a Foster with MPBR? Click here for more information. Can't foster/volunteer but want to help in another way? Help by donating next month's gift card! Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment