Thursday, June 25, 2020

6.22.20 New to MPBR- Meet Luka


Meet Luka

............................................................................

Luka's my name, and playing's my game! I’m a Bull Terrier/ Pit Bull Terrier Mix.

Nicknames: Baby Batman.
Age: 5ish months old
Activity Level: Moderate. I love to play, play, play with my dog sister, and I'm really good at it. We wrestle, we tug, we zoomie, we share toys and then we do it all again. I don't take many naps anymore, but I will take some snuggle breaks with my humans and with my dog sister. My foster mom says I am really good at playing, and I'm good at sharing toys, no resource guarding here.
Things I know: I'm soooo good at sit. I'm also really good in my crate, and I eat all my meals in there. I am a top tier snuggler, and I love giving kisses.
Things I am learning: My foster mom says I’m working on a lot, mostly because I’m still pretty young and a little exciteable. I’m learning to take treats softly, not jump and to potty outside.
Kids: Unknown. I don't live with any little humans right now.
Dogs: Please oh please I want to live in a house with other dogs.
Cats: Possibly. I live with two cats now, and I'm still pretty interested in them. I don't chase them too much, but I'm still trying to figure out if I can get them to play with me. The cats I live with are super dog savvy, so this might depend on the cat.
Size: 25 pounds
Car rides: Heck yeah! I like to try crawling into laps while people are driving, so I need some structure around learning to chill in the backseat.
Additional Info from foster parent: Luka does really well with some structure in his life, and would definitely need to be crated when his humans aren’t around. He would also benefit from a shutdown when he gets adopted and moves into a new home. For those not familiar with the term “shutdown”, it means that when you’re not available to watch Luka, he would be in a kennel. This will ultimately set him up for success as he won’t be able to get into anything he shouldn’t be and it teaches him that the human is in charge of making decisions, not the other way around. We always recommend a length of two weeks to help acclimate to their new environment.

If you’re interested in meeting Luka, please fill out an adoption application at www.mnpitbull.com so you can meet in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment