Tuesday, January 19, 2021

1.20.21 Foster of the Month- Meet Amber

 

 

December 2020 Foster of the Month- 

Meet Amber!



There are a lot of great rescues in MN, why did you start volunteering specifically for MPBR?

I started fostering after losing my first adopted pit bull to a traumatic event. I knew after losing Bernie that I wanted to be a breed ambassador and I now understood the importance of us humans protecting and keeping our pit bull fur babies safe.

How long have you been fostering with the rescue?

I’ve been volunteering with the rescues almost 5 years.

Who was your first foster?

My first foster was Baylor.

Are you currently fostering anyone right now?

I don’t currently have a foster, but my last foster was Kaison.


Do you have any pets of your own?

I have two rescue dogs, Pia and Bruno. Bruno is a MPBR alumni. Pia has been an active Mother and trainer to the many foster dogs over the years. 





Do you have a favorite or notable memory that happened while you were fostering?

One of my favorite memories is with my former foster dog Domino, now Winston. We were going for a walk in the winter with my two dogs. We did this every night and then one night while I was switching leashes in my hand a dog barked in a house and scared Winston. He took off running and my dogs and I chased after him calling his name trying to catch him. He ran a block took a left, ran another block, took a right and hid between mine and my neighbor’s house. When he came out from between the houses, I couldn’t help but break into tears of excitement that he made it home safe; not to mention that this little puppy knew exactly how to get home. Needless to say, moving forward I was much more careful with my hold on the leashes during walks! 




..................................................................................................................................................

We are 100% volunteer based and we couldn’t do this without each and every one of our members 

Each month an active volunteer is featured on our website & receives a gift (or gift card) as a thank you. This is just a small way for us to show our appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have for this rescue. 

Interested in fostering? Check out some info here

No comments:

Post a Comment