Thursday, March 12, 2020

3.12.20 Volunteer of the Month- Meet Beth


February 2020 Volunteer of the Month- 

Meet Beth!




How did you find out about Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue?

2 years ago, I was at a Bauhaus Brewery where MPBR was holding an adoption event. I fell in love with the puppy snuggles and started following their page. Pit bulls have had my heart ever since. 

Why did you decide to volunteer for MPBR?

I started volunteering with MPBR because I love pit bulls and organizations that help rescue and advocate for them. My house association has a two-dog policy and since I have two dogs already, I couldn't Foster but wanted to help any other way that I could.

How long have you been volunteering with the rescue?

I just recently became a volunteer actually (February 2020)! 😊

Kissing Booth
What was the last thing you volunteered for?
Since starting in February, I helped as a Handler for a puppy at an adoption event, helped with a spay vet transport, and my most recent volunteer experience was helping set up and answer questions at the Kissing Booth! So many people came out to the event to show their support for the organization; it was incredible!!
  











Do you have any pets of your own?

Two dogs- Hannah (11 year old German Shepard Chow Chow mix) and Addison (1 year old pittie)

Two cats- Miley (cute fat chunk 6 year old baby) and Lily (little orange tabby 5 year old baby) 




How would your pets describe you? 

As a fun mama who gives way too many kisses and snuggles but goes for long walks and has lots of dog park dates.


Where is your favorite dog-friendly place to take your pups? 

Fish Lake Dog Park because of all the dog friends that are there for my pups to play with. Bauhaus, Headflyer, Wicked Wort or any other dog friendly brewery :D and Home Depot in the winter because it's an easy way to get in a good walk when it's too cold to be outside.

When you're not surrounded by dogs, what can you be found doing?
Eating a burger and drinking a cold beer with my Fiancé or at the gym trying to burn off all the beer (balance, right? haha). I can also be found planning my Fiancé and I's wedding in Maui!!


Do you have a favorite memory that happened while you were volunteering?

I was Lime's handler at an adoption event and after the 2 hours she was TUCKED OUT so I got to snuggle with her in my arms. Puppy snuggles are the best!

Do you have any advice for current or future volunteers?

If you're thinking about volunteering, you should jump in and do it because there are pups every single day who need help. Even if you're busy and think you might only be able to help a little, a little can still make a huge impact on an animal who needs help. If you're a current OR future volunteer- you're amazing and I hope you don't stop trying to make the world a better place for animals. :)


............................................................................................................................................................

Each month an active volunteer is featured on our website & receives a gift card as a thank you. This is just a small way for us to show our appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have for this rescue. We are 100% volunteer based and we couldn’t do this without each and every one of our members 

Interested in volunteering? Check out some info here
If you’re interested in helping us with the donation to our volunteers, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment