Thursday, June 6, 2019

6.6.19 Volunteer of the Month-Therisa



April 2019 Volunteer of the Month- 
Meet Therisa!





How did you find out about Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue?

I found out about MPBR via my girl Ashley Auren. I was raised with them, love Ollie and she said, “Why don’t you volunteer with us?” And BOOM!! A foster fail later here I am!!!! 

Why did you decide to start volunteering for MPBR?

Honestly, I was never the kid that fit into any certain group growing up. I was the band geek to the captain of the soccer team. I never felt I was a certain type of crowd and probably often too misunderstood. To this day I am still that way. I love everyone! I feel this breed is the same. They can be police dogs, service animals. or just your best friend. From ZOOMIES to Couch Potatoes. I have loved pit bulls all of my life and want to be an ambassador so others aren’t misinformed. 


How long have you volunteered for the rescue?

Since January 2018. 

Do you have any pets?

Boba Fett & Rey
I have Rey (Blue Merle Mini Aussiedoodle) and Boba Fett (yep, Foster Fail with MPBR). And yes, they are named after Star Wars characters. 




Where's your favorite dog friendly place to take your pup?


Honestly, we stick mostly to family events (camping, hiking, Holidays) where we know our fur cousins behaviors. Sometimes we break out to walk around Lake Calhoun

When not surrounded by dogs – what can you be found doing?

I have a day job working in Financial Sales. In my free time I like playing video games on my Xbox, board games with friends, grilling, camping, all the concerts and always cheering on my MN Viking’s! SKOL

Boba with Lima (Lime is available for adoption)
Do you have a favorite memory that happened while you were volunteering? 

I would say my first event with the Puppy Kissing Booth. It was so rewarding and overwhelming with emotions to see so many people lined up to get kisses and donate for such a great cause. It’s reassuring that our work isn’t going unnoticed and people are starting to better understand pitties.


Do you have any advice for current or future volunteers? 

Know that this is one cool group of volunteers, much like the breed itself. Don’t ever hesitate to ask any of us questions and be prepared for all of the kisses (from the dogs, of course). They are rated in the top kissing breed!!!! 💋 




Boba & temp foster Mystique


................................................................................................................................................................

Each month one of our foster pawrents receives a gift card as a thank you.This is our small way of showing appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have to this rescue. Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue is 100% volunteer based- no shelters here! Each dog we are able to save is because a foster is willing to open their home for us 💚 Interested in volunteering? Check out some info here.

No comments:

Post a Comment