Thursday, June 6, 2019

6.6.19 Featured Foster- May Edition


Meet Jody!



Why did you start volunteering?

I knew I wanted to help a dog rescue. I wanted to find a local rescue in which I could participate/attend events with.  I researched several and fell in love with the pitties.  The MPBR members made me feel welcomed and the opportunities to help are abundant. 


Mystique
Who was your first foster?

Mystique (Mysti, Myst, Mister Mysti)


Who is your current foster?

At the time this was written, Mystique. I didn’t plan on fostering when I started but it’s hard to say no! Mystique just found her forever home! 


How long have you been volunteering with our rescue?

February 2019 was when I attended my first volunteer night. 





Mystique & Bindi Su
Do you have any pets?


Yes, Ms Bindi Su, my French Bulldog. She a smart and sassy girl. 


Where is your favorite dog friendly place to take your doggo?

I love going for walks with them. They come with me when we visit family and friends too.  I just got my yard fenced so there have been a few puppy play dates at home. 


When not surrounded by dogs – what can you be found doing?

I love to garden and do yard work. Luckily, I can be surrounded by my dogs doing that. I do try to travel a few times a year - scuba diving and turquoise oceans are my favorite. 


Do you have a favorite memory with one of your fosters? 

Mysti is the best sleeping partner!  She cuddles and sleeps still.  In the morning she nuzzles my face with her little muzzle. I love the feel of her little whiskers!  


Do you have a special ritual you do with your fosters at all?

I have pictures of all my past foster pups scattered throughout my house.  No specific rituals though. 

................................................................................................................................................................
BarkBox is a subscription service that is awesome for you dogs! You get toys & treats delivered right to your door every month!



Each month one of our foster pawrents receives a BarkBox as a thank you.This is our small way of showing appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have to this rescue. Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue is 100% volunteer based-no shelters here! Each dog we are able to save is because a foster is willing to open their home for us 


Interested in becoming a Foster with MPBR- Click here for more information!

No comments:

Post a Comment