Thursday, August 1, 2019

8.1.19 August Dog(s) of the Month

Marshmello & Amira are the Dogs of the Month!


What does that mean exactly? 
Each month we pick one (in this case, two) dog that has been with us a little longer than others to be featured as the "Dog of the Month" meaning their adoption fee is waived. 
A mandatory training class (with a training facility of the adopter's choice) is still required as well as normal reference checks and a home check. 
If you’re interested in Marshmello or Amira, please visit mnpitbull.com for adoption information. 


Meet Marshmello

Hey there, thanks for checking me out!
My name is Marshmello and I am about 18 months old (as of 4/23/19) and roughly 50 pounds and I am deaf.
I was surrendered to a shelter in SC as a stray and just recently made my way to MPBR where I am staying in a foster home while I search for the perfect forever home.
I have a very high energy level and will need an active person.
I am working with my foster momma on calming and refocus as quickly as needed when I get excited. She says I am making really great progress in just the short time I have been here. 
There are 2 dogs that live here and I am starting to interact with them and doing well. I sometimes approach them quickly as I just want to play so as much as they want to play I need to slow it down a little.
I LOVE to play with toys with humans or all by myself.
I recently met a cat and it would be best for me to go to a home without cats or to be in a home with a very committed owner. We would need to be separated and introduced very slowly for however long it takes (maybe forever). When the kitty hissed and batted at me I did not step away like I should have. 
I am not use to a kennel but am really improving on going in and calming down. Once I calm down I do very well hanging out while my foster mom is at work. 
I ADORE all humans!! I LOVE to snuggle with them when I am tired. 
I am learning some hand signals and already know sit. I am working on come, down, wait and kennel up. 
Treats are a favorite and I am willing to work for them. My foster momma gave me cheese just for posing with these bunny ear things on my head for Easter. I take my treats very gently.
I am also working on leash manners but will get that down pretty quickly
My foster momma says I am a beautiful girl and have stunning baby blue eyes and I have a special love of life and having fun and I have a huge amount of potential. 
Looking for a confident, caring dedicated human willing to love me, train me and make me the best that I can be!!!
If you think that might be you – please fill out an application so we know if we might be a good fit.

Meet Amira

Amira is a 6 year old mastiff/pit mix (mostly likely an Argentine mastiff) born 10/31/2012, weighing in around 70 pounds. We started fostering her as an 8 week old pup, and after learning she was deaf, we let her stay! While not a snuggler, she is an absolute people lover!! She enjoys walks on the trail, laying in the sunshine on the deck, and always having her favorite humans in sight. Being deaf, she does not get along well with other dogs and only has one other doggie friend in this world. She would do best in a home as an only dog, or with a large male who is calm but in charge. She does very well on her own and really prefers to be with people. She does know sit, and is always watching her people so she doesn’t wander off. She is EXCELLENT on a leash. She does enjoy children! But any children in the home should be dog savvy and respect her space, as she is deaf and could easily startle while asleep. Overall, Amira is the sweetest girl you could meet! 


We adore our Amira girl!!! This has been an extremely difficult decision on our part, and we are only offering Amira up for adoption after some life changing events in our life that requires us to re-home some of our rescued fur babies to be more fair to them. Please let me know if you have any questions! Thank you!!



Dog Friendly: No, unless with a large male who is calm yet assertive
Cat Friendly: No (unless the cat doesn’t interact with the dog)
Kid Friendly: Yes, but children need to be respectful of a deaf dog (ie don't startle dog when asleep)
House Trained: Yes
Crate Trained: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment