Tuesday, July 24, 2018

7.24.18 Adoption Update- Charlie


A little background, I have always been a huge dog lover and have had our dog Bacchus for about two years. However, I have always had a dream of having more than one dog, like maybe four, five or ten… My husband and I decided that right now though, I could only have one or two as we were renting.  We had just recently moved to the cities and I was looking up Facebook groups involving dogs when I came across the Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue Facebook page. We had fostered a pitty before and she was an amazing dog and I just felt like I needed to find one for our little family. So, I joined the MPBR page and was looking for a dog pretty much every time they posted a new picture. It had been a few months of being in our new place when I saw him, no not Charlie, but Toby.
My husband and I almost forgot about the event and got to NorthGate Brewing at exactly 1:50, the event was to be held until 2. We were surprised to see almost all the dogs still there, but were excited to meet them and see if Toby was a fit. He was funny and really interested in our attention, but also interested in the other dogs. We were smitten, but decided to take a walk around the pub, just in case. This was probably one of the best decisions we've ever made!



The pub had become less crowded at this point and my husband decided to get a beer so we headed up to the bar and out of the corner of my eye I saw this sweet little boy with a cute tee laying quietly on the floor next to his family's feet. I came over to them and asked if I could pet him and that's when they said he was also available for adoption. He was being so sweet and calm. It wasn't until my husband came over and he sat up that I finally noticed he was a tripod! I was beyond excited by that point as I have always wanted a tripod and a pit bull and with Charlie I could have both! We sat with Charlie and talked with his amazing foster family for a long time.  

Champion & Bacchus
We went straight home to fill out his application and hope for the best! Now, I can't imagine life without him! We renamed him Champion, like the tripod bully mix from Parks and Rec. He is so quirky and fun, yet is able to relax like no other dog I have ever owned! He loves his toys, but fetch has become one of his most favorite activities. During training, he was a star! I have never seen a dog so treat motivated, yet so good at waiting to eat until he is given the signal. At first, Bach and Champ were distant, but after about a week of adjusting they started to slowly become more and more attached and now I can't leave the house with one unless I have the other. They snuggle constantly and Champion tries with all his might to get Bacchus to play with him, which sometimes works, but most of the time Bach just lies there and takes it.

We just recently went to South Dakota for a family vacation and Champ did amazing on the 8+ hour car ride. When we slow down to 45 or less, he loves to sit up and smell out the window. He also exceeded our expectations when it came to hiking and swimming. Overall, our trip was so fun for my two boys, they slept soundly, snoring loudly all the way home.

We are so thankful that MPBR has blessed us with this amazing little boy and can't wait to see how his personality continue to bloom. As I write this Champion is sitting on his big brother trying to instigate some play, but mostly just being a weirdo.








No comments:

Post a Comment