Monday, July 6, 2020

7.7.20 Foster of the Month- Meet Kendra



June 2020 FOSTER OF THE MONTH-

Meet Kendra!




Why did you start fostering for MPBR?

I grew up with dogs and have always been an animal lover. I got my first pit bull in 2004 and instantly became a lover of the breed. I lost my 2 pit bulls last year (15 and 13 years old), one which I had rescued from a horrible situation. When he was euthanized in September, I made him a promise that I was going to help as many dogs like him that I could. We just sold our childhood farm and if it wasn’t so far away, I would’ve moved there and had 10 dogs! If I can save a life or free up space for another, I’m all about it. 

Bridge
Who was your first foster?

Bridge

How long have you been volunteering with Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue?

I started volunteering about 3 months ago.

When your friends/family find out you volunteer with MPBR, what do they say or ask?

Some say, “I don’t know how you can do it” because they would want to keep them all (this is very true). Most think it’s an amazing experience and so rewarding.



Echo

Who is your current foster?

Echo (available for adoption soon!)

Fallon
Do you have any pets?

I have two. Jax was my first foster (adopted through Secondhand Hounds) and Fallon, my 4th foster (through MPBR). 












Where is your favorite dog friendly place to take your pups? 

Inbound Brewery, Home Depot, or the cabin.

Jax
Do you have a favorite memory with one of your fosters? 

Not just one single memory but my first foster was so darn cute. He imitated my resident dog all the time. When Jax would roll in the grass, so would Bridge. I just loved watching them together!

When you're not surrounded by dogs, what can you be found doing? 

I’m pretty much surrounded by dogs but if not, spending time with family and friends. I love wine bars, breweries, shopping, biking, and anything outdoors. 

Do you have a special tradition you do for your foster pups? 

I was told about the idea of a scrapbook when I started fostering and I loved the idea. I have a book of all my fosters and I also buy them something while fostering to pass along to the adopters (special toy, etc.). So far, I’ve kept in touch with them all so that’s been amazing too!


Do you want to give a special shout out to anyone in the rescue? 

I would like to thank everyone who has reached out to me when I’ve had questions - everyone has been so great! 

..................................................................................................................................................

Each month one of our Foster parents will receive a gift card as a thank you. This is our small way of showing appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have to this rescue. Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue is 100% volunteer based. Each dog we can save is a result of someone willing to open their home for us.

Are you interested in becoming a Foster with MPBR? Click here for more information. Can't foster/volunteer but want to help in another way? Help by donating next month's gift card! Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment