Tuesday, December 10, 2019

12.10.19 Featured Foster of the Month- Meet Brianna



November 2019 FOSTER OF THE MONTH-

Meet Brianna!




Gracie
Who was your first foster?

Gracie. She is the most perfect dog!

Who is your current foster?

Sansa
No one currently. Sansa (now known as Ruby) just went to her new forever home right before Thanksgiving.


Why did you start fostering for MPBR?

I started fostering with MPBR because of Gracie. Gracie came to MN from Tennessee through another rescue that I help with occasionally. She was to only spend a couple days with me and then continue her journey up to St. Cloud to a Humane Society for adoption. At drop off I met Joan who was supposed to take Gracie the last leg of her journey to St. Cloud. Handing Gracie over to Joan knowing that she was going to a Humane Society and not a home broke my heart and I started crying. Joan thankfully stepped in and reached out to Laura (the President of MPBR) and in a matter of a couple hours Gracie was back with me. It was with our family that Gracie stayed for the month prior to finding her forever home. She was able to be loved on and play with her foster sisters instead of sitting in a kennel. Gracie is the perfect dog in all ways, and I am so happy she found her happily ever after she deserves!


When your friends/family find out you volunteer with MPBR, what do they say or ask?

They aren’t surprised but I do get asked many questions as to why I chose Pit Bulls and not another breed or rescue, especially since I have a toddler. Instead of being frustrated over the stereotypes Pit Bulls face, I get to show the fosters dogs the love they deserve. I get to help break that stereotype little by little. That I would say is one of my favorite parts of working with MPBR.

How long have you been volunteering with Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue?

I have been fostering for one year.

Do you have any pets?

Yes, two beautiful spoiled doomans (dog/humans). Zora (4 ½ years) Coonhound/Treeing Walker & Luna (4 years) Boxer mix 
Luna & Zora




When you're not surrounded by dogs, what can you be found doing? 

Enjoying time with my family and friends. Either playing softball, or enjoying cabin life. I also usually have a book or two I am reading. 

Where is your favorite dog friendly place to take your pups? 

Softball games, as well as our cabins. Anywhere they can play Frisbee, swim and run!

Do you have a favorite memory with one of your fosters? 

Oh so many! Gracie – the sweet-natured pup. Who came with me to work a few days no leash needed. She would lay by my feet when I started to talk to others/meeting because she knew it could be awhile. Half my co-workers did not even know there was a dog in the room. Gracie stole the heart of all my co-workers and they still talk about her heart nose.

Tillie
Tillie was my first tripod. Although a tripod, it didn’t slow her down. She zoomed everywhere and I swear I almost had a heart attach a few times she ran down those deck stairs.

Mike – His willingness to let me take photos of him dressed in sunglasses and all.
Mike






Everlie



Everlie and her non-stop energy and sass. That girl knew what she wanted.

Sansa was my biggest cuddle pup. She was my shadow and just wanted to cuddle up and nap on me/or my pups whenever she could.


Do you want to give a shout out to anyone in the rescue? 

Joan Lindquist – Thank you for introducing me to MPBR and for giving me the chance to foster Gracie and find the perfect forever home for her!

..................................................................................................................................................

Each month one of our foster pawrents receives a gift card as a thank you.This is our small way of showing appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have to this rescue. Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue is 100% volunteer based- no shelters here! Each dog we are able to save is because a foster is willing to open their home for us 

Interested in becoming a Foster with MPBR? Click here for more information. Would you be interested in helping us by donating a gift card? Click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment