Tuesday, November 12, 2019

11.12.19 October Volunteer of the Month- Marissa



October 2019 Volunteer of the Month- 

Meet Marissa!



How did you find out about Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue?

I googled pit bull rescues in Minnesota :) 

Why did you decide to volunteer for MPBR?

I love pit bulls so much and I am deeply passionate about spreading awareness about how loving and wonderful they are. It's such a joy to help in whatever way I can to ensure that these special dogs find their forever families!

How long have you been volunteering with the rescue?

Just a few months!

What was the last thing you volunteered for?

I have been helping out with calling potential adopters references they list on their applications to ensure that the dog would be a good fit for the family!

Darl & Beth
Do you have any pets of your own?

Darl & Beth
Yes, I have two pit bulls myself, Darla (3.5) and Beth (3). Darla is from the Milwaukee pit bull rescue I volunteered for, it was love at first sight. Sweet Beth is a foster fail from another rescue, she was returned to them and a shelter had considered her 'un-adoptable' and she is perfect for us! They have their own Instagram account because I was spamming my friends with too many pictures of them, @darla_beth_bff 






How would your pets describe you?

Obsessed with them and always kissing them.



Where is your favorite dog-friendly place to take your pups?

There is a coffee house called Open Book in Minneapolis, that my workout group, November Project, goes to on Wednesday mornings and whichever dog I bring with me gets to go to coffee with us inside!

When you're not surrounded by dogs, what can you be found doing?

Gosh, I really am frequently surrounded by dogs but I'm a runner and like to do various distance races and my husband and I have a lot of family close by so we love to spend time with them.


Transport with Zariah
Do you have a favorite memory that happened while you were volunteering?

I helped transport an adorable pup named Zaria from the vet back to her foster mom's house and she was just the cutest, sassiest little thing so much fun to just snuggle her and all I had to do was drive her around. Not a hardship at all!

Do you have any advice for current or future volunteers?

All it takes is just showing up and making a little time in your life to help in whatever way you can! It's so rewarding.








................................................................................................................................................................

Each month an active volunteer is featured on our website & receives a gift card as a thank you. This is just a small way for us to show our appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have for this rescue. We are 100% volunteer based and we couldn’t do this without each and every one of our members 

Interested in volunteering? Check out some info here

If you’re interested in helping us with the donation to our volunteers, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment