Sunday, January 6, 2019

1.6.19 Featured Foster October Edition



Meet Ray!





Who was your first foster?

Zita. She didn't have a name when I got her and she didn't really answer to anything so I named her Zita which means "small girl" in Italian.

Dottie
Who is your current foster?

Dottie but she's about to be adopted!

Why did you start volunteering?

I was asked if I wanted to. My wife had just left with her dog and my dog, Guido, looked lost and lonely. Insert Zita. She was abused and neglected with no teeth except her canines. She was scared of everything and just hid. After about 6-8 weeks she started to untuck her tail. After about another 4 weeks she was excited to see me! At that point I couldn't let her go so I adopted her.



How long have you been volunteering with our rescue?

About 4 years.


Do you have any pets?

I adopted a bridle/white puppy from Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue. He came to me with the name Scout but I named him Guido. He was my first pet. He was a big learning curve for me but Guido was a wonderful dog. Unfortunately he started having seizures and died at 4.5 years old. 


Guido when he was a puppy



Where is your favorite dog friendly place to take your pooches?

My yard! I have about 5 acres to run & run!

When not surrounded by dogs – what can you be found doing?

I'm working on a 1977 Ford F-250. I have the motor torn apart right now. I'm also drawing plans for a chicken coop and reading about chickens.

Do you have a favorite memory with any of your fosters?

First was with Zita. She finally got excited to go outside. She's from Georgia (my Georgia Girl) so the first significant snow we had, I opened the door to go out and she came running. She got to the top step, saw the white stuff, tried to stop but couldn't and slid right down the steps. She quickly got herself back in the house after that but Guido thought the snow was fun to play in. My second was of Aldo. He's a larger, muscular dog that looks kind of scary until you see his smile. He'll bark at birds, bugs he sees, as well as deer. One time there was a bear about 10 feet right outside my bedroom window and there was not a peep out of him! The bear even pulled down my bird feeder!




Interested in joining our team? Click here for volunteer information!
................................................................................................................................................................
BarkBox is a subscription service that is awesome for you dogs! You get toys & treats delivered right to your door every month!

Each month one of our foster parent receives a BarkBox as a thank you. This is our small way of showing appreciation for the dedication our volunteers have to this rescue. Minnesota Pit Bull Rescue is 100% volunteer based-no shelters here! 


Each dog we can save is because a foster is willing to open their home for us ðŸ’š


No comments:

Post a Comment